What is Micro-Influencer Marketing and How to do it?
Micro-Influencers aren’t just traditional Influencers, in fact, they know or have followers, subscribers, or connections with the majority of influencers or experts in a particular business vertical, domain or you can say a niche. They do influencer marketing at the micro-level and this is the reason why fewer followers lead to a higher engagement rate. Reports show, 86% of marketers allocated the budget towards Influencers. But how you can do micro-influencer marketing? Read below to understand this!
Micro-Influencer Marketing: Some Interesting Facts
There are certain interesting facts about Micro-Influencer marketing that will enhance your interest in practicing it.
- 59% of Micro-Influencers think Instagram is the most effective social media platform to engage their target audience.
- 51% of marketers believe they acquire better customers through Micro-Influencer marketing.
- 84% of marketers said they would launch at least one influencer campaign within the next 12 months.
- Nearly 40% of Twitter users say they’ve made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer.
- Micro-Influencers do 22.2 times more purchase-related conversations and product recommendations than other average users.
- 82% of consumers follow recommendations made by a Micro-Influencer.
- 94% of consumers consider Micro-Influencers to be more believable, knowledgeable and credible.
- According to 92% of consumers, Micro-Influencers are also considered to be better at explaining how a certain product works or how it’s supposed to be used.
Difference Between Micro-Influencers and Influencers
A lot of people get confused between Micro-Influencers and simple Influencers. How will you differentiate between Micro-Influencers and other influencers? The below information will make you understand the basic difference between a Micro-Influencer and an Influencer.
- Celebrities – 1 million+ follower or subscribers
- Top Influencers – 500,000 to 1 million followers or subscribers
- Middle Influencers – 100,000 to 500,000 followers or subscribers
- Micro-Influencers – 1000 to 100,000 followers or subscribers
What are Major Platforms for Micro-Influencer Marketing?
When it comes to Influencers or Micro-Influencers, Instagram and Twitter are the biggest Micro-Influencer marketing platforms.
Instagram has 400 million daily active users and 150 million daily active Instagram stories. However, Twitter has 271 million monthly active users and 500 million tweets each day. Competition is very high on both platforms. The average engagement rate for all Instagram posts is 1.1%, whereas the average Twitter CTR is 1.64%
Micro-Influencer Marketing: Challenges to Overcome
There are a lot of challenges and difficulties brands and enterprise-level companies face while doing Micro-Influencer marketing and these need to be overcome. Below we’ve collected those challenges faced from all social media platforms:
- More followers lead to fewer clicks on Twitter
- Users with 50 – 1,000 followers had a 6.16% CTR.
- Users with 1,000 – 5,000 followers had a 1.45% CTR.
- Users with 5,000 – 10,000 followers had a 0.55% CTR.
- Users with 10,000+ followers had a 0.45% CTR.
- More followers lead to fewer likes on Instagram
- 1,000 followers have an average “like” rate of around 8%.
- For followers within the range of 1,000 – 10,000 the “like” rate fall to 4%.
- Followers in the range of 10,000 – 100,000 “like” rate fall to 2.4%.
- Followers exceed the range 100,000 “like” rate falls to 1.7%.
- More followers also lead to less engagement on an average on Instagram
- 1,000 followers or fewer manage to get 9.7% engagement
- 1,000-4,000 followers manage to get 4.5% engagement
- 4,000-100,000 followers manage to get 2.4% engagement
- More than 100,000 followers manage to get only 1.7% engagement
Top Strategies for Micro-Influencer Marketing
So, here we’re providing the latest and top strategies for doing Micro-Influencer marketing. Studies have revealed that Micro-Influencers generally focus on certain factors to maximize the clicks and retweets count on different social media platforms. Micro-Influencers have undertaken some strategies on Twitter marketing, based on the engagement facts and figures. Some of those instances are:
1. A tweet that clearly states the offers performs better than the tweets with vague copies. They receive:
- 18% more clicks and
- 29.8% more retweets
2. It has been noticed that 18% CTR can be achieved with compelling headlines.
3. A tweet with an average copy got 98 clicks, whereas a headline-based tweet got 110 clicks.
4. A tweet with 1-2 hashtags (#) has 21% higher engagement than a tweet with 3-4.
5. A tweet with images receives 18% more CTR.
Micro-Influencer Marketing: Top Benefits
Doing Micro-Influencer marketing for your brand or organization will make you stand out! Some brilliant approaches of Micro-Influencer marketing have stated the benefits of it.
- It Improves Search Ranking:
Partnering with influential bloggers can drive 2,000+ visitors a month and increase sales by 50% in every quarter.
- It Generates High-Quality Leads:
Customized posts on Instagram can generate more than 1,000 likes.
- Engage New Target Audiences:
Giveaways and contests are excellent ways to receive above 100 likes and comments.
- It Drives More Conversions:
Create a unique discount code for each influencer to share with their followers. This may drive more than 8K+ likes.
- It Builds Trust:
Micro-Influencers are trusted more than the most famous celebrity by 92%
So, this was all about what is Micro-Influencer marketing and how to do it. You will be happy to know there is a prominent future for Micro-Influencer marketing. In 2022, Influencer marketing and Micro-Influencer marketing are expected to grow and expand manifold. Digital marketing agency like The Fastway, a leader in offering digital marketing services has professionals assisting in Micro-Influencer marketing.